3.04.2011

Today is a new day...

Today is the day that I embrace my life and all of the things that it can offer. I have always been the person who sits back and just waits to see where life can take me. It is time that I attack it all head on. 


Things I want to accomplish before June:
1. Lose 30 pounds
2. Swim more (I used to do it so much. What a great escape)
3. Make time for hiking and outdoors
4. Learn yoga
5. Learn how to love running
6. Find some awesome recipes
7. Try new food
8. Find my style and get clothes that match that
9. Learn to budget
10. Pay back my dad while making enough money for a computer but also saving to pay off my loan
11. Get a KILLER tan
12. Become friends with some new people
13. Work on not procrastinating
14. Plan some incredible events for my house
I am sure that there is so much more that I should accomplish, but I feel like these are what I really want to focus on. I want to blog about how I am losing weight, how it is going, and keeping myself accountable for what my body is doing.

All of my friends assure me that losing weight is unnecessary, however between getting my gall bladder removed and having a doctor tell me that my BMI is too high, I finally need to get it in gear. Going from being a competitive athlete to completely sedentary ruined me. Granted, I have never been teeny, but I was toned and not flabby. But going to college changed all of that. 

I have begun weight watchers and am looking to learn to eat better and to shift my priorities.

Here they are:
TIME FOR ME (Not resting time but time to better myself. Taking time to wash my face before bed, do my hair, do my laundry, go to the gym, go for a run)
SCHOOL (I mean they are kind of tied for first...)
WORK
SORORITY
FAMILY
FRIENDS
GOING OUT

Right now my priorities are a little vague, but they definitely aren't that way. School is always around but never really a priority. Work is low on my list. My sorority is what I spend the most time doing, but I really just never make time to better myself. I take time to watch tv and lie down and do nothing, but I really need to take time to go to the gym and go running and do things that will make me better.

I heard a guest speaker recently that said that we, as a society, HAVE, DO, BE. We have to have the things we want before we can do the things we want to do so we can be the things we want to be. However, I want to learn to BE, DO, HAVE. I want to be skinnier, more confident, happier so then I can do the things I want and have all of the happiness in the world. 

So this is where I am starting. Wish me luck :)

No comments: