3.07.2011

Some of the favorites...

 Photo by Elliott Erwitt. It is one of my favorites. How dreamy this couple's love is

I love listening to music. There is something so peaceful about being in a world with just the noise of music in it. I love to put on music in the morning while I clean and put on my makeup. I love to listen to music while doing homework. I love listening to music to energize me to go out. But my all time favorite time to listen to music is in my clean car, with all of the windows down and the sun shining, giving me a nice tan. I love it when I am not wearing any makeup, but a tank top and nike shorts and rainbow flip flops and my favorite aviators. I love the view driving down Quincy, where you can see Red Rocks and the Mountains. I like that sometimes the musical mood is some indie rap and other time it is something more downtempo.

But through all of these things, one constant is the music. Even as I sit here, writing this blog, I am listening to music. Those who don't know the words, or who don't take the time to listen to the words, are truly missing out. Even in the poppiest and most benign of songs, there are some awesome lyrics to listen to.

These are a few of my favorites:

  • Well, that's where I belong and you belong with me
    -Swallowed in the Sea by Coldplay
    I just imagine someone saying this to me someday... or me saying this to someone.
  • But it was not your fault but mine
    And it was your heart on the line
    I really fucked it up this time
    Didn't I, my dear?
    -Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons
    Oh the truth in this one. You have to appreciate honesty like this.
  • Happiness hit her like a train on a track
    -Dog Days Are Over by Florence + the Machine
    I imagine that someday I will just be so happy that it will hit me like a train.
  • And it's easy for me
    And it's better for the soul
    And it's better for you
    And it's better for all
    -Pull My Heart Away by Jack Penate
    Making the decision to leave is hard, but ultimately its so much better for everyone.
  • Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain
    -Two Step by Dave Matthews Band
    Goodness, how could you NOT like this line? How amazing is it to think how incredible this life is? Why would you not want to celebrate being alive?
  •  Love's just a waste of our energy
    And this life's just a waste of our time
    -Wasting Time by Jack Johnson
    I love a little sarcasm in my mix.
And with that, I shall move on. In the end, music is what you make it, I think. And in this moment, I have chosen it to mean something to me. I feel moved, touched, understood when I hear certain songs.

No comments: